The DFA Scholarship Foundation
The DFA Scholarship Foundation was established in 2012, as a tax deductible 501 (C)(3) organization, to encourage educational opportunities for students pursuing a degree in food science, Biology, Chemistry or a science, with the ultimate goal of attracting future graduates for employment in the food industry.Every year, DFA awards scholarships to deserving students throughout the state of California. The success of this program is made possible due to the ongoing support of all of our members and industry friends who contribute so generously through their donations and their participation in the annual silent and live auctions.
The silent auction will run throughout the duration of the conference. A silent auction station will open during the Exhibitor Reception-Craft Brew Social Hour on the exhibit floor on April 3rd and will close during the Gala Dinner on the evening of the 4th.All items will be available for payment pickup on the day of April 5th before the conference concludes.
This year the live auction will be held during the Craft Brew Social Hour.
- Payment and pick-up is required by the end of the conference (2pm, April 5th) If your item has not been paid for and picked up by then, you will incur a shipping charge based on the size of the item.
- During the live auction, Safe Food Alliance will have auction runners helping the live auction winners, to get their contact information, and payment. If you are a live auction winner, please be on the lookout.
- As per the IRS website, winners of auction items are entitled to a charitable contribution deduction for excess of the purchase price over the fair market value. Safe Food Alliance will issue you a tax-deductible receipt of the market value item and the price paid for the item.
- If you have donated an item, you should have received a tax deductible receipt.
Please consider contributing an item to either auction. The item can be donated by you, your employer, or both. Some items that have sold well at past auctions include:
- Vacation Packages
- Concert/Professional Sport Tickets
- Certificates for Wine Purchase
- iPods/iPads/Flip Cams (any electronics)
- Spa Packages
- Gift Cards
- Hotel Stays
Please use the downloadable donation form if you wish to contribute. If you contribute to the auction, you will be sent a receipt for tax write off purposes.If you have any questions regarding the auctions, please contact Kimberly Ray at email@example.com or (916) 561-5900